Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Is this good for the grandchildren?

Or does this all have the life expectancy of a mid-air grenade?
If every voter approached the polls requiring one question to be answered - is this policy, law, political buffoon, good for subsequent generations or just this one - then the vector would turn from down to up and this generation would start to pull its own weight as opposed to liquidating the assets created by prior generations.

Clearly, what we have today is the exact opposite, because I can't get through my day without some jackass telling me to my face, "I hope this all works during my lifetime". Hence, every decision is taken with an ever-shorter gratification in mind. And, big surprise, everything gets steadily worse, even as the surveyed masses decry "the nation [insert country here] is heading in the wrong direction". 

That's all there is to this entire fucking fiasco. Until this infantile behaviour ends, the vector is straight into the abyss, and no one has any right to expect anything different.
As we've learned from the untimely arrival of the Idiocracy, 500 years early, the future has a way of arriving way ahead of time.